Rules and Regulations part of Consumer Contract
Does Not Guarantee Quality of Service
Shutting Off Mains
Right to Enter Premises
Limitations of Liability
Chapter 1: Rules and Regulations
The Rules and Regulations hereinafter set forth shall be considered a part of the contract with every person, firm, company, or corporation that is supplied with water through the Water Works System of the company, and every such person, firm, company or corporation, taking water shall be considered to have expressed his or their consent to be governed thereby. The company reserves the right to alter, amend or add to the Rules and Regulations at any time.
- “Company” as hereinafter used shall mean Choctaw Utilities, Inc.
- “Consumer” as hereinafter used shall mean the owner of the premises served.
- “Mains” as hereinafter used shall mean all pipe or main arteries of a size of 2 inches or larger.
- “Services” as hereinafter used shall mean that portion of the water line laying between the company’s mains and the service stops located at the property line of the owner of the premises.
- “Service Branches” as hereinafter used shall mean that portion of the water line laying beyond the end of the services of the company and the extending into the premises of the owners.
Does Not Guarantee Quality or Service. The supply of water to all parties for any purpose whatever is subject to the following conditions: The company does not guarantee to the consumer a fixed or continuous pressure, or does it guarantee the water delivered as to quality, purity, or temperature, these all being subject to the variable conditions which may arise in the operation and maintenance of the Water Works.
Watermains May Be Shut Off Without Notice. In case of breaks in mains, services, pumping machinery, reservoirs, or other water works equipment, and for the purpose of tapping, extending, repairing, replacing or cleaning mans, the water may be shut off without giving notice and no claims will be considered for damage of any nature whoever arising from such action. Under ordinary conditions, consumers will be notified.
Right to Enter Premises. The company reserves the right through its authorized agents to enter at all reasonable hours the premises to which its service extends, for any purpose which may deem necessary in property safeguarding the interests of the company and the consumer. When such access is refused, the water shall be immediately turned off and not turned on again until the request of the company has been copied with and an “off and On” charge is paid.
- APPLICATION FOR WATER SERVICE: Water service will not be supplied unless and until an application therefore is made by the owner of the premise sought to be supplied, or by his authorized agent. Said application must be on forms supplied by the Company.No owner or occupant of any premise supplied by the company will be allowed to supply water to any other premise. Each premise must be supplied with an independent service from the main.
- WATER SERVICE INSTALLATIONS: All property owners shall be required to pay to the company an installation fee, upon making Application for water service and the company shall install a service from the main to the property line of said property owner.
- WATER SERVICE BRANCH INSTALLATIONS: Any property owner desiring to install a service branch into his premise shall make application for the same to the company. If the company approves the location of the proposed service branch and is satisfied with the plans and specifications of said installation, a permit shall be issued to proceed with the work. All costs of such service shall be borne by the property owner. The service branch shall be the property of the owners of the premise and shall at all times be properly maintained. All service branch pipes and fixtures are subject to inspection and approval by the company before the water is turned on. No person except the company inspector may turn the water on or off.
- MATERIALS FOR WATER SERVICE BRANCH: The branch service line from curb stop to building shall be a minimum of 3/4” TYPE “K” SOFT COPPER or larger; all connections shall be flared fittings or Mueller compression couplings (no solder joints permitted).
- STOP AND DRAIN COCK ON PREMISE: Each consumer must provide a stop and drain cock placed where the service enters the building, located in such a manner that it drains the building and will not freeze. In the event the owner does not construct a building but does require water, an approved frost proof hydrant may be installed, beyond the set back line of the said property.
- CHANGE IN LOCATION OF SERVICE TAPS: Services moved for the convenience of the consumer will be relocated at the consumer’s expense.
Limitations of Liability of company. The Company shall not be liable for any damage or injury to any person or property caused by the discontinuance of water service for the purpose of making necessary repairs or connections, or to meet any emergency, or caused by the failure of a consumer to maintain consumer’s service line, or caused by water escaping from consumer’s service line, or caused by the total or partial failure of water service or pressure for any cause beyond the control of the company. The company shall be under no liability for damages or inky by fire to any person or property caused by the total or partial failure of water service or pressure, failure to provide sufficient or any facilities for fire protection, except to the case of willful misconduct or intentional negligence.
No permanent irrigation or lawn sprinkling system will be connected in any method to the potable water system of Choctaw Utilities. (revised 2007)
CHAPTER II BILLING AND PAYMENT OF WATER BILLS